Before the official
development, the township was a desolate land
and human settlements generally existed in Siaopingding
and Gupoliao. In the Cing Dynasty, the area was
under the governance of FongshanCounty, TainanPrefecture.
During the Japanese Occupation, the township belonged
to FongshanCounty. In 1920, Japanese turned the
area into a village. The original two districts
Siaoping and Gupoliao were merged into DashuVillage.
After the recovery of Taiwan, the number of villages
in Dashu increased from 13 to 18 due to local
prosperity and consequent population increase.
The 18 villages are as follows and consist of
367 precincts and 12,672 households: Jhuliao,
Jioucyu, Jioutang, Shueian, Shueiliao, Jingjiao,
Siaoping, Longmu, Dashu, Sianjiao, Singshan, Heshan,
Gushan, Sanhe, Dakeng, Sipu, Singtian, and Tongling.